Organizations are complex systems; it takes many different roles to keep them running smoothly.
As an employer branding agency, there is one specific role that we advocate for growing your employer brand and culture, and that is to have more COACHES!
Coaches can be your leaders or people who are able to provide guidance to the team. They help you stay focused and motivated, and they can also provide valuable feedback.
Here are some of the benefits of having coaches in your organization:
1) Coaches help you stay focused and motivated.
2) They can provide valuable feedback.
3) Coaches help you develop new skills and improve existing ones.
4) They can provide support during difficult times.
5) Coaches help you create a positive work environment.
As a founder, one of my primary roles is to develop a strong team of leaders who can drive different parts of the business. And part of that role is to coach and enable them.
There are many different ways to approach coaching and enabling your team members. The most important thing is to be clear about what your goals are and what you expect from them. Once you have that clarity, you can start thinking about how to best coach and enable them. Here are some tips to consider:
1) Be available for them. Make sure they know they can come to you with any questions or concerns.
2) Give them clear instructions on what you want them to do. Don’t leave anything up for interpretation.
3) Follow up with them regularly. Check in on their progress and give feedback, both positive and constructive.
4) Encourage open communication between you and them. They should feel comfortable coming to you with any issues or ideas they have.
5) Help them develop their own leadership skills by giving them opportunities to lead projects or initiatives within the company.
When I focus on coaching and developing more coaches, the company grows and I have more time to do other important things. By creating a coaching culture within my organization, I am able to develop future leaders who can take on more responsibility and grow the company. This also frees up my time so that I can focus on other important tasks that need my attention.
Want to grow your company culture and brand? Start by developing more coaches within the organization!
This post was co-created with our Chief Content Officer, Kob-i from StoryBuddy.